Skip to content
nuts and seeds
DoloresTeresa posted:
I was watching a video of a presentation of the vegetarian society of Hawaii and the speaker said the liver puts vitamin E on top of the molecule of LDL cholesterol. I am wondering if this is why EG saw reversal of the plaque in his carotids after eating nuts. However, the highest amount of E per ounce is in almonds and sunflower seed kernels. Other nuts have very little. The next highest amount of E is in frozen spinach--about the same amount as almonds and sesame seeds. For some reason, cooked raw spinach has half the amount as in cooked frozen spinach.

Dolores

engineerguy responded:
Hi Dolores,

Thanks for the interesting question.

I think nuts and seeds are very beneficial. However, Esselstyn has the best medically demonstrated results (Fuhrman has not completed a study as of yet). Esselstyn carefully avoided nuts as too high in fat.

Changes I made, since getting worse in my IMT, versus improving now:

I had a vitamin D deficiency (16 ng/ml), in spite of a great deal of sunlight. Now I take 2000 IU of D3 daily, and blood tests show I am about 55.

I lost about 7 pounds.

I changed from 6 meals a day, to 2 or 3 meals.

My nutritional density is much higher.

I am exercising less. I used to run 4 miles a day, weights 3x a week. I often worked out hard, and would tend to be famished, aand perhaps overeat, especially at night. Now I run 2 miles a dday, and try to avoid eating late at night, or at least minimize it. I can probably run faster now, although perhaps not as far.

I still try to get lots of sleep.

So, it's hard to say one thing was responsible. I think they are all helpful.

That's my opinion. All are very welcome to post their experience.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful