Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Fabulous Flaxseeds
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

Dr. Fuhrman just posted about amazing recent research on breast cancer.

http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/cat-breast-cancer.html

Dr. Fuhrman has been advising 1 tablespoon flaxseed daily, for years. Some of the reference for the link above, are from 2011.

Here's a shippet:

"Human trials also confirmed similar beneficial effects. A double-blinded, randomized controlled trial of dietary flaxseed demonstrated dramatic protection. Women ate either a control muffin with no flax seeds imbedded or 25g flax-containing muffin starting at time of diagnosis of breast cancer for just 32-39 days until surgery. Tumor tissue analyzed at diagnosis and surgery demonstrated surprising benefits even in this short timeframe. There was a significant apoptosis (tumor cell death) and reduced cell proliferation in the flaxseed group in just the one month.13 Likewise women eating more flaxseeds with a documented higher serum enterolactone were found to have a 42% reduced risk of death from postmenopausal breast cancer and a dramatic (40 percent) reduction in all causes of death.14,15 Flaxseeds are clearly super foods; even with a mediocre diet they offer powerful protection against certain types of breast cancer. "

Even 30 days of eating flaxseed (in a muffin, which is junk food), increased breast cancer cell apoptosis (cancer cell suicide), and also decreased a blood marker for cancer cell proliferation. AMAZING!!

I have seen so much information only on the Fuhrman website. I read the references, which support his statements well. But the rest of the world reads about it years later, or not at all.

We already know today, enough to beat breast cancer. But nobody has financial incentive to advertise it.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 33 years old and live in Chicago. I'm a Biology undergrad at Loyola and hope to go on to medical school or an MS/RD program. I follow a v...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Fluoride Treatments for your teeth
Hi folks, Background info: ============ My dentist prescribed some prescription grade fluoride toothpaste. For about $8, I got the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.