Skip to content
Started giving Presentations
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

I haven't been around a lot for the last couple months.

I am squandering my youth in front of computer terminals at work, spending too many hours there. But, I do like the work. Just too many hours.

I have given my first talk, or presentation, to publicize the Fuhrman program. I gave it to my Sunday School class, at church. The talk was much better received than I thought it would be. Everyone was interested, and liked it. I was pretty much amazed. The talk was much too long, so I have to cut it down to an hour. The message of the talk is that this diet is the most effective medical treatment available, for heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and many more. I emphasize medical publications.

It's my calling.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

jc3737 responded:
Its great to see you have taken some action and put your knowledge to work.How much longer before you retire and become a health coach?

.Hopefully you can make it to web MD more often.

engineerguy replied to jc3737's response:
Hi jc,

I'll be 65 in a couple months. I'll work until I can afford to retire, which means 70, if my company stays open that long. I figure Social Security quits increasing after 70, so that sounds good.

I'd like to make it to WebMD more often. You do a great service. Thanks.

deadmanwalking57 replied to engineerguy's response:
EG:

I'm thinking to lean towards health coach, too. I'm 59, may work to 70.

Have an accountant here at work won't stop smoking. Now getting chest pain after dinner almost nightly, and walking in from his car in the morning. After talking to me a few months ago, he did get a stent. Now he needs another one, plus a kick in the pants. He's working on other changes.

I told him if he won't, he should check his will and life insurance beneficiaries.

engineerguy replied to deadmanwalking57's response:
Hi DMW,

It's really difficult to motivate people.

HEY - recommend Forks Over Knives to your accountant friend. It's a DVD you can rent from Netflix, or better, just buy it from www.forksoverknives.com . A guy at work recommended it. So I asked my wife to get it on Netflix. I expected her to watch it for 10 minutes and walk away, but she watched the entire 90 minutes. AND she bought 4 DVDs, for us and family and friends. WoW. The movie is very well done. My wife is much less evangelical about this, than I am. So I am really tickled about her response.

Best of luck to both of us future health coaches.

deadmanwalking57 replied to engineerguy's response:
I will check it out.

Thank you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.