Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Forks over Knives - An excellent movie
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend a movie: Forks over Knives. (The title symbolizes the benefit of food (Forks) is greater than the benefit of surgery (knives).)

You can rent it on Netflix, or buy it at www.forksoverknives.com

I expected my wife to listen to 10 minutes of it, and then leave, as is typical. Instead she listened to all 90 minutes, and then ordered 4 DVDs for ourselves, family and friends. This is about the strongest endorsement I can make !!

The movie interviewed Dr. Esselstyn, Dr. Campbell, and quite a few others. It was very well done.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

jc3737 responded:
I agree 100% with EG.I recommend the video to my friends all the time.

engineerguy replied to jc3737's response:
Hi jc,

I posted about Forks Over Knives on the Diabetes type 2 support website. I also included websites like www.drfuhrman.com and www.drmcdougall.com .

The post was removed.

WebMD did have the courtesy to email me that they did so because we are not allowed to solicit for anything, commercial or non-commercial. Of course, I was not soliciting for anything.

Someone apparently complained. I think the reason is, that it is very frightening for a person to have the diagnosis on diabetes. In order to cope, they have to place an immense faith in the medical treatment that their doctor recommends. For people who look into the websites I posted, the new information shakes that trust, and may be very distressing to some people.

So, it is difficult to help many people, even though the "help" is simply information about the best treatment for diabetes.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

jc3737 replied to engineerguy's response:
When you threaten the status quo and don't support the accepted treatment for diabetes people get upset.Dolores never got anywhere with trying to convince those on the diabetes froum that there might be a better way.

At least they did e-mail you with a reason which showed some class even if they did get your intention wrong.

deadmanwalking57 responded:
EG:

I just watched it from NetFlix while doing my 75 minutes on the treadmill.

I still get some chicken, turkey, salmon, tuna. But not very much. I'm already slim. I guess I could just go even further some day and give meat up. I should find a vegetarian roommate to help make it easier. I need to gain some weight, not lose. 5'11, 158.

I chuckled when I saw the coronary arteries. Mine were so much worse !

Excellent film !

twinb63 replied to deadmanwalking57's response:
DMW, at 5'11", 158 lbs., you're exactly where Dr. Kempner recommended, & I think it's also what Fuhrman says. I'm also 5'11" but 167 now, thin but not bony & still have some flab around my waist. I bounce between 165-170, & in the next month my goal is to get between 160-165. 75 treadmill minutes is a good session, congrats. Joe.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi folks, I've lived in beautiful Salt Lake City for the last 6 years (as of 2010). I had a mild 30's crisis, and adopted the Pritikin Diet,...More

Helpful Tips

2 Salads a Day
Hi folks, Probably the most important tip there is: Eat 2 large salads a day. A salad has lots of greens and vegetables. Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.