Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Herbs and Spices, a little more from DMW
deadmanwalking57 posted:
Hello !

How is everyone doing here ?

I decided to peek into nutrients in herbs and spices, and it turns out they are anti-oxidant powerhouses. A 3 ounce jar of Oregano has the anti-oxidants of nearly 90 pomegranates.

So now in addition to cinnamon and blueberries in my oatmeal, I add parsely flakes. On my breakfast eggwhites and lunch salad, I add the same parsely and or oregano, and cook with more herbs and spices, too. Well, working on the spices. The herbs are easy to add.

So find a nice blend and add to your green glop, or vary from day to day.

My SUUNTO heart rate monitor lost connection with a damaged chest belt. SUUNTO surprised me and gave me a free replacement, monitor and chest belt, even though it was out of warranty. I had been thinking of buying a new one, almost $300. They've replaced it twice now at no cost.

I hope everyone is doing well ! I had a CT Scan yesterday. I suppose my new cardiologist wants a bit of current view on my heart.

DMW

twinb63 responded:
We have a small patch of chives growing outside of our deck & they're coming up with the warm weather. Been adding them to many of my warm dishes like rice/veggies & soup, just before serving. They're mild enough that I can just taste them & they add a nice subtle flavor to the food.

Let us know how the CT results are. Joe.

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.