Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Herbs and Spices, a little more from DMW
    deadmanwalking57 posted:
    Hello !

How is everyone doing here ?

I decided to peek into nutrients in herbs and spices, and it turns out they are anti-oxidant powerhouses. A 3 ounce jar of Oregano has the anti-oxidants of nearly 90 pomegranates.

So now in addition to cinnamon and blueberries in my oatmeal, I add parsely flakes. On my breakfast eggwhites and lunch salad, I add the same parsely and or oregano, and cook with more herbs and spices, too. Well, working on the spices. The herbs are easy to add.

So find a nice blend and add to your green glop, or vary from day to day.

My SUUNTO heart rate monitor lost connection with a damaged chest belt. SUUNTO surprised me and gave me a free replacement, monitor and chest belt, even though it was out of warranty. I had been thinking of buying a new one, almost $300. They've replaced it twice now at no cost.

I hope everyone is doing well ! I had a CT Scan yesterday. I suppose my new cardiologist wants a bit of current view on my heart.

DMW

twinb63 responded:
    We have a small patch of chives growing outside of our deck & they're coming up with the warm weather. Been adding them to many of my warm dishes like rice/veggies & soup, just before serving. They're mild enough that I can just taste them & they add a nice subtle flavor to the food.

Let us know how the CT results are. Joe.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 33 years old and live in Chicago. I'm a Biology undergrad at Loyola and hope to go on to medical school or an MS/RD program. I follow a v...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
    If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    12 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.