Skip to content
Herbs and Spices, a little more from DMW
deadmanwalking57 posted:
Hello !

How is everyone doing here ?

I decided to peek into nutrients in herbs and spices, and it turns out they are anti-oxidant powerhouses. A 3 ounce jar of Oregano has the anti-oxidants of nearly 90 pomegranates.

So now in addition to cinnamon and blueberries in my oatmeal, I add parsely flakes. On my breakfast eggwhites and lunch salad, I add the same parsely and or oregano, and cook with more herbs and spices, too. Well, working on the spices. The herbs are easy to add.

So find a nice blend and add to your green glop, or vary from day to day.

My SUUNTO heart rate monitor lost connection with a damaged chest belt. SUUNTO surprised me and gave me a free replacement, monitor and chest belt, even though it was out of warranty. I had been thinking of buying a new one, almost $300. They've replaced it twice now at no cost.

I hope everyone is doing well ! I had a CT Scan yesterday. I suppose my new cardiologist wants a bit of current view on my heart.

DMW

twinb63 responded:
We have a small patch of chives growing outside of our deck & they're coming up with the warm weather. Been adding them to many of my warm dishes like rice/veggies & soup, just before serving. They're mild enough that I can just taste them & they add a nice subtle flavor to the food.

Let us know how the CT results are. Joe.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 33 years old and live in Chicago. I'm a Biology undergrad at Loyola and hope to go on to medical school or an MS/RD program. I follow a v...More

Helpful Tips

2 Salads a Day
Hi folks, Probably the most important tip there is: Eat 2 large salads a day. A salad has lots of greens and vegetables. Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 26 found this helpful