Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fuhrman and fish
DoloresTeresa posted:
In his book, Eat to Live, Fuhrman says for diabetics to limit animal food to no more than two servings of fish per week. Does this mean it is better to eat no animal food at all but if you do to only eat 2 fish servings per week or that diabetics should eat two fish servings per week as part of their diet plan?

Dolores

engineerguy responded:
Hi Dolores,

Always great to hear from you.

Sorry to be so slow in my response. Unfortunately, I work too many hours. That's also a good thing, in this economy!

Fuhrman is saying the former, that he believes it is best to eat no animal products, but if you choose to eat animal products, 2 servings a week of fish is a good choice. Of course, do take B12 supplements if being vegan or near vegan. Dr. Fuhrman does advocate daily 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed, chia or hemp, and about 250 mg of EPA/DHA supplement (fish oil or algae oil).

Best regards, EngineerGuy

engineerguy replied to engineerguy's response:
Hi Dolores,

Fuhrman does say it's his opinion that, for most people, the ideal diet is vegan. He does say that there's not adequate data for strong support of that statement.

I am perfectly vegan in my daily routine, and I break that for social occasions and traveling. I am trying to break the diet in more moderation, when I do break it. It's curmmy to need to take several days to recuperate from what amounts to a binge, when I break the diet.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 33 years old and live in Chicago. I'm a Biology undergrad at Loyola and hope to go on to medical school or an MS/RD program. I follow a v...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Fluoride Treatments for your teeth
Hi folks, Background info: ============ My dentist prescribed some prescription grade fluoride toothpaste. For about $8, I got the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.