Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What happened in the Saddleback Church?
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

Pastor Rick Warren realized he had to lose 90 pounds. He is leader of 10 large churches in California, with a total of 20,000 members. He said, from the pulpit, that he would like to lose weight, and he asked those who wished to join him, to sign up. He expected 200 or 300 people to sign up. 6,000 people signed up.

Paster Warren called Dr. Oz, and Dr. Amen (the same guy in my other post) and others, to construct a good program for weight loss. Pastor Warren has lost 55 pounds. The church collectively has lost

270,000 pounds.

One thing they learned is that groups of 4, 5 or 6 were best, and lost twice the weight, on the average, than people working on their own. You can learn more at www.danielplan.org . It is gratifying that the diet recommended is a huge step toward the Fuhrman program.

If Finland can do it, we can do it.

If Saddleback church can do it, we can do it.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

twinb63 responded:
270 THOUSAND POUNDS? To get an idea of how much that is I looked for a machine that weighs that much. Here it is:

[a name="top">
Fully assembled, the engine weighs 270,000 pounds. It stands 19 feet tall and is 21 feet long.

It's the motor from steamships in the 1900's.

http://liberty-ship.com/html/topics/engine.html

Anon_2438 replied to twinb63's response:
Hi Twin,

Thanks ! Amazing !!

Best regards, EngineerGuy (anonymous, so my avatar isn't everyplace)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first and second heart attack in April 2003. ELEVEN years have passed since the heart attack. ELEVEN years since diagnosis of acute heart dis...More

Helpful Tips

2 Salads a Day
Hi folks, Probably the most important tip there is: Eat 2 large salads a day. A salad has lots of greens and vegetables. Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.