Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Amazing anti-oxidant powerhouses
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

I was amazed by this myself.

http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/healthy-food-dr-fuhrmans-nutrientpacked-skinny-shake-as-seen-on-the-dr-oz-show.html

I did not realize how many benefits there were to strawberries and pomegranate.

Of course, the best course is to eat a wide variety of vegetables and fruits. But I do include pomegranates and strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, as well as apples, oranges and bananas, plus occasional others.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

deadmanwalking57 responded:
Finally, a little more belief in the good reasons to eat pomegranate and all berries !

How goes the running and green smoothies ?

DMW

engineerguy replied to deadmanwalking57's response:
Hi DMW,

Great to see you around. Thanks for spreading your wisdom on these pages. Always insightful and appreciated.

Life is good !! I only run 2 miles, and only push maybe for one mile. Green smoothies most mornings.

I've given 2 talks to a church group. I am updating my talk to add new motivational info from Dr. Daniel Amen, about brain health. Then I hope to start giving the talk to lots of groups. I have a problem, though. The talk is at least 90 minutes long, at this time. It has to be 1 hour max. I asked 2 people what I should cut, and both said "Nothing - You can't cut anything." They suggested making it 3 talks, in a series. I'll figure something out. ^_^

deadmanwalking57 replied to engineerguy's response:
The series is a good idea.

Also ask about having a separate question and answer session afterwards.

I just went up to Seattle, gave a personal 1-on-1 with one of my best friends from high school, who is about 370 lbs now.

We did walk about 40 minutes, not fast, and I kept it easy for him. He did start getting a touch out of breath late in the walk, so I slowed down even more, and he finished breathing fine.

Fortunately he at least already eats pistachios.

engineerguy replied to deadmanwalking57's response:
Hi DMW,

I'm sure you share my curiosity on how to help motivate people to improve their lifestyle.

I have found the movie "Forks Over Knives" very motivational.

And another great tip, is for people to seek out others with the same health goal, and form a group, ideally 5 or fewer people. Working with others has been shown to double the success, as measured by weight loss. This was the result at Saddlebrook church. Finland has reduced their heart disease rate by 75%, over 2 generations. Here, the entire country was working together.

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

2 Salads a Day
Hi folks, Probably the most important tip there is: Eat 2 large salads a day. A salad has lots of greens and vegetables. Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 26 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.