Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Too much kale???
hanawaiman6358 posted:
I eat lots of raw kale in my smoothie. My Vita mix is totally packed tight with kale and lime juice 5 timers per week. I used to pack in lettuce but that makes it not as tasty. So I really eat a lot of kale. Can I overdose on kale? I just returned from my eye exam and vision in both eyes improved; one considerably and the other significantly. That's kinda cool

twinb63 responded:
Not to worry. Kale is good stuff & it's in season. Drink up.

engineerguy replied to twinb63's response:
Hi Hanawaiman,

Both eyes improved !! That is WAY COOL ! Did the prescription improve, or blood vessel health improve?

No, I don't think you can overdose on Kale. And it is very nutritious.

For maximum health benefit, you might consider taking a wide variety of greens. Eating only kale, you don't get the benefits of broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, green cabbage, red cabbage, romaine, etc. I even throw the cauliflower greens into the Vitamix, also. Every plant has unique and valuable phytochemicals. Maximal health is obtained by utilizing a wide variety. Emphasis on kale is fine.

You might consider including flaxseed, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds. These are super healthy, and provide some fat, which increases the absorption of nutrients.

Congratulations on a great program!

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have severe atherosclerosis with ectasiac (long, stretched out) sections, small aneurysms in primary cardiac arteries. I am blessed to also have ...More

Helpful Tips

2 Salads a Day
Hi folks, Probably the most important tip there is: Eat 2 large salads a day. A salad has lots of greens and vegetables. Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.