Skip to content
A success story
hanawaiman6358 posted:
About 8 or 9 years ago I decided to research the healthiest diet. I looked at Atkins, that was fun for awhile. The Paleo diet seemed to make sense. I liked the Mediteranian Diet; it also seemed reasonable. Eventually It came down to low fat plant based or Paleo. Dr. Esselstyn's evidence seemed the most convincing. I have followed it off and on since.
About 1 month ago I went to my Dr. and my blood pressure was 167/107. He gave me a prescription for meds.Yikes! Back on the healthy eating plan and yesterday my BP was 118/64. He asked if I wanted to consider going off the meds. He was quite surprised when I told him I never took them. What did you do? What did you eat? I also lost 17 lbs. It seems more than obvious which diet is the healthiest.

engineerguy responded:
Hi Hanawaiman,

Congratulations on the great work !!

Sometimes success makes it easy to take time away from healthy eating. I have done it too.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have severe atherosclerosis with ectasiac (long, stretched out) sections, small aneurysms in primary cardiac arteries. I am blessed to also have ...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful