Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dr. Fuhrman San Francisco Weekend Immersion
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,
I had a great time at the Dr. Fuhrman San Francisco Weekend Immersion. I met Dr. Fuhrman and his great staff, for the first time. There were 170 people signed up, and I met as many as I could. It was a wonderful group. There were people of all ages. It was my first Fuhrman gathering. It was fabulous to meet people who had wonderful success stories, with continuing improvement and quest for knowledge.

I flew with a friend from Salt Lake City, who is working to strengthen his heart, and fend off heart disease. I introduced the program to him, so I am honored and humbled that he is taking control of his health, and making this committment.

He also was very impressed with Dr. Fuhrman as an inspirational and knowledgable, and ENERGETIC speaker. We were all impressed with Dr. Fuhrman's courage, when he stabbed himself, cutting vegetables. He opted for a bandaid, when I know I would have had general anesthetic and stitches.

Dr Fuhrman asked the audience how they heard of the diet, and how many people were alreay nutritarians, and how many were brand new to the idea. One woman had lost a great deal of weight already, and looked forward to losing a good deal more. She worked as a receptionist for a physician. Her physician boss actually paid for her to attend!!!

The first people I met were a lovely couple, youngsters a bit younger than me (I am 65 yrs young). They started the program in April. They had lost 50 and 60 pounds. He is off insulin, and is finally starting to feel great. She has tried every program, and is thrilled that this is the first time she is keeping the weight off, and continuing to lose, and not having any cravings. Certainly, we all struggle at times, but usually the diet seems like magic, in how good we feel, and how we do not have cravings.

Another woman attended because her cardiologist recommended it! One woman attending was a physician. Dr. Fuhrman pointed out that he has hundreds of emails from physicians who are advocating his books in their practice. Someone mentioned one physician has a flat screen TV in his waiting room, with a continuous loop of a Fuhrman lecture, playing for his patients.

Since the hotel was the Hyatt Regency Airport hotel, 10 minutes from the SFO airport, we could fly in Friday morning, and fly out Sunday afternoon, no problem.

The food was great. I enjoyed everything, especially the salad dressings. I was afraid I'd gain weight, since I "drownded" the salad with the delicous dressings. For some reason, I did not gain weight, but I sure tried.

Dr Fuhrman ran an exercise class Saturday and Sunday. I thought I was in good shape, but he kicked my "donkey". (Some people call a donkey an "ass".) The exercises were excellent, in that a person can do them gently, or very strenuously. Like jumping in place can be just a little raising and lowering at the knees, or jumping really high. I've added several exercises to my routine, from the weekend. (Fuhrman's Osteoporosis DVD is excellent, by the way. There is an excellent lecture, booklet, and 15 minute exercise routine. Again, the exercise is appropriate for a grandmother, or can challenge an athlete in good shape.)

I have been a Nutritatian over 5 years. I was tickled, that that gave me celebrity status. But I am pleased.

EngineerGuy

Another attendee posted:

I was at the immersion also. ... One of the really impressive things for me also was meeting ordinary (like myself) people making heroic changes in their lives and bodies/health. THe woman next to me at dinner lost 60 lbs and went off her insulin after only 6 months or so on the program. I met two other women who lost over 100 lbs and it all seemed very 'normal' in that context.

Best regards,
EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 33 years old and live in Chicago. I'm a Biology undergrad at Loyola and hope to go on to medical school or an MS/RD program. I follow a v...More

Helpful Tips

2 Salads a Day
Hi folks, Probably the most important tip there is: Eat 2 large salads a day. A salad has lots of greens and vegetables. Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.