Skip to content
Fuhrman diet had better results than low fat vegan, for this person
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

For the first case history listed, the heart disease sufferer had better results on the Eat To Live (Fuhrman) program, compared to "Fit For Life" low fat vegan program.

https://www.nutritionalresearch.org/case-studies/91-heart-disease

I had similar results, except I had no symptoms of heart disease. My improvement is based on IMT results (ultrasound of the carotid arteries). I had better results on Eat To Live, than on Pritikin.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

jc3737 responded:
The difference could be in the consumption of animal products such as fish twice per week,or maybe in wheat products,or the use of salt.On some issues Dr Fuhrman is correct and on some issues Dr McDougall is right.

Same thing happened to Dolores...fish twice per week,low vit D,don't remember about her salt intake.So Dr Fuhrman does make some additional contributions that Dr Mcdougall does not consider such as vit D supplementation and avoidance of sodium/salt, but he likely wrong about starches as we see form several of the starch based societies across the globe.

The only sure fire thing that Dr Fuhrman is wrong about is potatoes....they are the second healthiest food on the planet....2nd only to leafy greens.Thats my OPINION but the science seems to support it.

anon615 responded:
EG, the guy in the first case was not eating low fat vegan. In addition to plants he was eating chicken, fish and olive oil. Why did you say it was low fat vegan or am I missing something?

Dolores

engineerguy replied to anon615's response:
Hi Dolores,

I might have been wrong about the Fit For Life being low fat vegan. Thanks for pointing that out.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first and second heart attack in April 2003. ELEVEN years have passed since the heart attack. ELEVEN years since diagnosis of acute heart dis...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Fluoride Treatments for your teeth
Hi folks, Background info: ============ My dentist prescribed some prescription grade fluoride toothpaste. For about $8, I got the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.