My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
EG
jc3737 posted:
EG,Are you alive and well?

josvin84 responded:
Strangely quiet.

Josvin

jc3737 replied to josvin84's response:
His last post was a month ago.I'm worried he may have had a health problem.Even when he is very busy he takes a few seconds every so often for a brief post.

anon615 replied to jc3737's response:
If anyone is on the Fuhrman group I think he posts there. Are we snoopy or what?

dolores

twinb63 replied to anon615's response:
This IS odd.

engineerguy replied to twinb63's response:
OMG !! Hey folks, thanks for asking. No, I'm fine, except I am squandering my youth in front of a computer at work. I'll be 66 shortly, and hope to be able to work until 70, if the company is still there.

Yes, I was strangely quiet. That is, it is not like me to be quiet. Again, thanks very much for asking.

Jim Brown sent me an email, asking if I was OK. Thanks, Jim. Folks recall that Jim used to frequent the site here, and now is a valued contributor to the McDougall website.

Hi Dolores, and jc, I hope you are both doing great. We all need you.

Hi josvin and twin, thanks for asking, also. I appreciate the community, and I won't slack off again !! ^o^

stacy.hall-at symbol-Comcast.net

Best regards, EngineerGuy

josvin84 replied to engineerguy's response:
Glad to hear from you again EG. And good to know that you are still healthy and fit enough to work a long day after a computer.

Josvin

jc3737 replied to engineerguy's response:
Its good to hear from you!.....we were getting worried.

Hopefully you will be back posting on a regular basis.

engineerguy replied to jc3737's response:
Hi jc,

Re: "Hopefully you will be back posting on a regular basis."

Your excellent posts often say it all, and need no elaboration.

Best regards,
Stacy

amishere replied to engineerguy's response:
James Gandolfini dying made me immediately think of this place and EG and his thoughts on preventing heart attacks. I really need to rededicate myself to trying to become heart attack proof.

engineerguy replied to amishere's response:
Hi Amishere,

Well, thanks for thinking of me. Sorry to hear of James Gandolfini's passing. And he apparently had a clean bill of health from recent checkups. Apparently the risk factors for sudden cardiac death (the heart stops beating) and heart attack (cardiac artery clogs) are the same.

Are we doing OK? Are we healthy, or do we need to do more to control our own health.

If your blood pressure or cholesterol is high, that is a sign that you are a typical American, which, from a health perspective, is not a good thing.

In my opinion, on excellent way we can investigate our health is to get an IMT test (Intra media thickness) which is safe and inexpensive. It is an ultrasound of the carotid arteries. It is safe, just like a baby ultrasound. It takes about 10 minutes, some KY jelly on your neck, and about $200. When getting the test, make sure you check the price ahead of time. The place I get it charges $400, and insurance pays them $160, as full payment. If a person agrees to pay cash right away, they accept $160. It does require a prescription.

The test tells you the average thickness of the carotid artery wall (the thinner the better) and it gives you pictures of any blockages found. This information can be used to track your progress over the years.

An additional option is to get your genes checked, at a company like www.23andme.com It only costs $99, and they mail you a spit kit. You spit in it, and mail it back to them. They tell you your risk of lots of stuff. Since we believe we can largely determine our health destiny, I look at this as motivation to do all that I can, to be healthy and keep my 3 brain cells.

Best regards, EngineerGuy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi folks, I've lived in beautiful Salt Lake City for the last 6 years (as of 2010). I had a mild 30's crisis, and adopted the Pritikin Diet,...More

Helpful Tips

2 Salads a Day
Hi folks, Probably the most important tip there is: Eat 2 large salads a day. A salad has lots of greens and vegetables. Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.