Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ED: Survival of the firmest
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

This is an interesting Dr Gregor video.

Survival of the Firmest: Erectile Dysfunction and Death

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/survival-of-the-firmest-erectile-dysfunction-and-death/

Erectile Disfunction (ED) and CHD are 2 manifestations of the same disease.

67% of men with Acute Chest Pain and Angiographically documented coronary artery disease, had ED as an earier symptom. The ED occurred an average of 3 years earlier.

Measuring blood flow in the penis, can predict results of coronary angiography, with an accuracy of 80%. Hardening of the arteries affects all arteries.

40% of men over 40 have ED. OUCH!

New ED in men aged 40 to 49 years was associated with a 50-fold increase in incidence of Coronary Artery Disease. This is because ED is not a risk factor for artery disease. It IS artery disease. (That is, of course, if psychological factors have been ruled out, etc)

More stuff.

Best regards, EngineerGuy(Stacy)

deadmanwalking57 responded:
I had massive and large numbers coronary artery blockages, but no ED issues of any kind.

Fit, slim, reasonable diet, no ED, yet bad heart disease.

No lack of ED is not a guarantee of no heart disease.

engineerguy replied to deadmanwalking57's response:
Great point, DMW. Great libido, too.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 33 years old and live in Chicago. I'm a Biology undergrad at Loyola and hope to go on to medical school or an MS/RD program. I follow a v...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.