Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Eating meat and dairy may promote Heart Disease and Cancer
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

This is some interesting new info based on studies just published.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/carnitine-choline-cancer-and-cholesterol-the-tmao-connection/ -
tmao-connection/

Best regards, EngineerGuy (Stacy)

deadmanwalking57 responded:
EG:

Its only news to some folks.

I adhere to a red meat, dairy free, and very nearly 100% fat free diet to avoid angina.

I have added pecans to my diet without adverse effect, to go along with pistachios. I have been having a few almonds now and then, or a bagel or sandwich with an almond spread.

The fats used with dark chocolate do not bother me. Residual fat in grilled chicken does not bother me, though I do remove the skin and other visible fat.

A low saturated fat diet combined with high and or frequent anti-oxidant intake to prevent oxidized LDL is key for ehart disease.

For cancer, its fruits and veggies for the hundreds of healthful compounds that are slowing being identified, simply known as phytochemicals. Some are known and named.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with diabetes in March of 2007. Ever since then I've been slowly losing weight, exercising and eating as healthy as I can. Thanks ...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.