Skip to content
Heart Patients - Fascinating ensoresement by Cardiologist
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

Here is a short video of an endorsement by a Cardiologist, of a plant based diet. The Cardiologist says he is falling in love with being a doctor, again. His patients are getting better !!

http://www.forksoverknives.com/the-plant-based-lifestyle-is-the-best-medicine-i-ever-prescribed/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Newsletter121013

Best regards, EngineerGuy

engineerguy responded:
Hi folks,

OK, it wasn't a video. It was a few paragraphs.

One quote from Robert Ostfeld, M.D., M.Sc. Dec 10, 2013

"Heart and blood vessel disease is the number one killer of adult men and women in the United States,1, 2 and
approximately two out of every three twelve-year- olds in the US has early signs of cholesterol disease in the blood
vessels that feed their hearts with blood(3). We are literally killing ourselves from diet-driven disease."

(3) www.pubmed.com/2912430

Best regards, EngineerGuy

deadmanwalking57 replied to engineerguy's response:
I was able to have my young daughter give up Pop-Tarts voluntarily.

I explained to her about trans fats, that they are like a slow poison for the body. Then I showed her that Pop-Tarts are very high in trans fats, its right on the box in the nutrition label.

I asked her if she would ask me for permission to eat poison.
She said, "No !". So I told her then I had to tell her she had to stop eating Pop-Tarts. She got the point.

Trans Fats in processed foods are a huge problem. Replacing them with palm oil is not much better, since palm oil is high in saturated fats. Better than trans fats, but not much.

We have to help people learn to eat fresh whenever possible.

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Fluoride Treatments for your teeth
Hi folks, Background info: ============ My dentist prescribed some prescription grade fluoride toothpaste. For about $8, I got the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.