Skip to content
Return to clean eating & headaches
twinb63 posted:
Hi everyone:

After a LONG trip into the SAD, I've returned to 'the fold'. My taste buds are readjusting to real foods, & I have the headaches to prove it. But I feel & look much less puffy without the salt, & I am enjoying the taste of fruits without the sugar. My weight is dropping too & I'll soon be able to get back into my smaller pants. It feels dumb to have to learn the same lesson over and over, but yesterday I ate a bowl of broccoli, onions, garlic & rice & it tasted delicious. It's good to be back in the groove now. Hope all of you are well.

Joe

engineerguy responded:
Hi Joe,

Re: " ...yesterday I ate a bowl of broccoli, onions, garlic & rice & it tasted delicious."

Welcome back, and congratulations on surviving your sojourns. I'm sure you had the best of both worlds. You enjoyed the rich SAD (Standard American Diet, for any new-comers), and you reminded yourself why we enjoy this delicious and healthful lifestyle.

Do I eat SAD foods sometimes? Yes, although it's more like the addictive monster drags me into the abyss. Not that I'm always kicking and screaming, I have to admit. But as I get older, quite honestly, I realize that I cannot cheat occasionally with reckless abandon, without genuine consequences. I am doing better when I cheat, and less often.

So, Joe, a huge welcome back, and I hope you make yourself comfortable and at home with us.

Best regards, EngineerGuy (Stacy)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with diabetes in March of 2007. Ever since then I've been slowly losing weight, exercising and eating as healthy as I can. Thanks ...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Fluoride Treatments for your teeth
Hi folks, Background info: ============ My dentist prescribed some prescription grade fluoride toothpaste. For about $8, I got the ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful