Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Return to clean eating & headaches
twinb63 posted:
Hi everyone:

After a LONG trip into the SAD, I've returned to 'the fold'. My taste buds are readjusting to real foods, & I have the headaches to prove it. But I feel & look much less puffy without the salt, & I am enjoying the taste of fruits without the sugar. My weight is dropping too & I'll soon be able to get back into my smaller pants. It feels dumb to have to learn the same lesson over and over, but yesterday I ate a bowl of broccoli, onions, garlic & rice & it tasted delicious. It's good to be back in the groove now. Hope all of you are well.

Joe

engineerguy responded:
Hi Joe,

Re: " ...yesterday I ate a bowl of broccoli, onions, garlic & rice & it tasted delicious."

Welcome back, and congratulations on surviving your sojourns. I'm sure you had the best of both worlds. You enjoyed the rich SAD (Standard American Diet, for any new-comers), and you reminded yourself why we enjoy this delicious and healthful lifestyle.

Do I eat SAD foods sometimes? Yes, although it's more like the addictive monster drags me into the abyss. Not that I'm always kicking and screaming, I have to admit. But as I get older, quite honestly, I realize that I cannot cheat occasionally with reckless abandon, without genuine consequences. I am doing better when I cheat, and less often.

So, Joe, a huge welcome back, and I hope you make yourself comfortable and at home with us.

Best regards, EngineerGuy (Stacy)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first and second heart attack in April 2003. ELEVEN years have passed since the heart attack. ELEVEN years since diagnosis of acute heart dis...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.