Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
G-BOMBS for healthy living
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

Imagine if all we ate, was food with nearly magical powers to make us healthy. When I started this program 6 years ago, I was skeptical that eating veggies was so helpful. Now, at 66 years old, and feeling like a youngster, I no longer doubt it at all. When I am traveling, I usually do not follow the diet very well, and I LOVE getting back home, so I can eat properly again.

Here's a "taste" of the scientific information supporting Dr. Fuhrman's Eat To Live program.

http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/gbombs.aspx

Best regards, EngineerGuy (Stacy)

max9821 responded:
EG, your spotlight member story says you have lived in Salt Lake City for the last six years (as of 2010). It has been a while since I have been in school and I probably forgot a lot but your numbers are not adding up. Either you have lived there since 2008 or you have lived there four years. Or I am having a stroke and my cognitive ability has been compromised? Or eating off plan when you travel has compromised your cognitive ability. ( You can see it is too icy for me to go out and I am stuck at home asking pointless questions)

dolores

engineerguy replied to max9821's response:
Hi Dolores,

Always happy to chat, even (or especially) pointlessly. I moved to Salt Lake in 2004. As of 2010, I was here 6 years. I make no claims of cognitive ability, beyond the obvious (that actually strikes me as funny, since it's not at all obvious, what is obvious, at least to me). As of now, nothing has happened since, and I'm still here, making it 10 years in Salt Lake, as of January.

Maybe confusion arises from confounding living in Salt Lake starting in 2004, and starting Fuhrman in 2007 (at age 60).

Recall that researchers found little white spots in brain MRI's, commonly after age 50. The researchers did not know what the white spots were. After additional research, they found that the white spots were little silent mini-strokes. The brain has so much redundancy, that the person did not know they'd had mini-strokes. (Dr. Esselstyn "Prevent And Reverse Heart Disease")

Clearly we both already have all the white spots we need or want.

With my very best regards, EngineerGuy (Stacy)

engineerguy replied to max9821's response:
Hi Dolores,

Always happy to chat, even (or especially) pointlessly. I moved to Salt Lake in 2004. As of 2010, I was here 6 years. I make no claims of cognitive ability, beyond the obvious (that actually strikes me as funny, since it's not at all obvious, what is obvious, at least to me). As of now, nothing has happened since, and I'm still here, making it 10 years in Salt Lake, as of January.

Maybe confusion arises from confounding living in Salt Lake starting in 2004, and starting Fuhrman in 2007 (at age 60).

Recall that researchers found little white spots in brain MRI's, commonly after age 50. The researchers did not know what the white spots were. After additional research, they found that the white spots were little silent mini-strokes. The brain has so much redundancy, that the person did not know they'd had mini-strokes. (Dr. Esselstyn "Prevent And Reverse Heart Disease")

Clearly we both already have all the white spots we need or want.

With my very best regards, EngineerGuy (Stacy)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had my first and second heart attack in April 2003. ELEVEN years have passed since the heart attack. ELEVEN years since diagnosis of acute heart dis...More

Helpful Tips

Killer Athlete's Foot Cure
If you have athlete's foot, gently wash the affected area. I usually got it between my toes. Use a hair dryer on warm, to dry the foot for ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.