Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
8 steps to Reduce Cholesterol naturally
engineerguy posted:
Hi folks,

Here are 8 steps to reduce cholesterol naturally, and even more than many statin studies. The side effects of these 8 steps to reduce cholesterol naturally, are all good. Statins have side effects, such as promoting diabetes, muscle pains (nearly everyone taking statins fights this) and more.

https://www.drfuhrman.com/library/reducing_cholesterol.aspx

Changing to a healthy lifestyle can be difficult at first, but after a while is wonderful. (It was the most difficult thing I ever did, but it's easy for some. )

By the way, if you are a heart patient, or are prescribed to take statins or any other medication, take the medication. But also take it as a red flag, to say that your health is typical of most people on the "western" diet, and you should work like mad through diet and exercise, to improve your health, and get off the medication. Having health of an average American, should scare the blazes out of you. I don't want to be a downer, but being an average American means your last 30 years of life are decline, decrepitude, dimentia and death.

The doctors that I follow (Fuhrman, Ornish, McDougall, Esselstyn, Pritikin (not a doctor), Barnard), all prescribe statins and other drugs to their patients who need them. Some have challenging heredity, or permanent damage from bad health, so some persons will always benefit from statins or other medications. But most will eventually be able to get off all medications.

Best regards, EngineerGuy (Stacy)

max9821 responded:
Well, EG, I don't know about the decline and dementia and that one time I outwitted death, but I am afraid I am guilty of decrepitude. There I was, one minute sitting in a chair in the ER hooked up to a monitor and the next (I coded but of course was completely unaware) I was naked on a table, covered, just barely, with nothing but a sheet, and half a dozen men were staring down at me asking if they could insert a stent. Not one of them asked me out on a date, Talk about decrepitude. I couldn't even get a date when stark naked. Possibly because I was stark naked. So I was thinking, I don't want a stent. What I really need is a hair dresser, a make up artist and a complete body lift. Diet can't fix everything.

Dolores

josvin84 replied to max9821's response:
Dolores,
Really funny post. Definitely a LIKE if WebMD had such a button.
Josvin

Spotlight: Member Stories

55 year old male. Ex marathon runner and still an all around jock. I run, lift weights, yoga and box. I was a proud carnivore for 55 years. Few co...More

Helpful Tips

2 Salads a Day
Hi folks, Probably the most important tip there is: Eat 2 large salads a day. A salad has lots of greens and vegetables. Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.