Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Update from Queen of Denial
Hepwolf2012 posted:
Well I saw my new GI doc.She was amazed that I had not been retreated long ago since I am genotype 2, relapsed, and last biopsy in 1998 showed grade 3/stage 2 at that time before treatment (not pegylated, just reg interferon + riba). I had requested to be treated again 5 yrs ago but prior doc said I was not a candidate, refused my request. So now new doc says may have advanced cirrhosis since AST higher than ALT which is slightly higher than normal. I had my ultrasound and only significant finding was adenomyomycitis in gallbladder. Hoping that's the explanation for rise in AST. I understand that to be benign. Liver actually had nothing abnormal seen. Waiting for biopsy still. But doc says there is a clinical trial in SF using protease inhibitor in Genotype 2. Unless the biopsy shows bad cirrhosis in which case, I get referred for transplant. My prayers were heard about the ultrasound. Please, those of you who believe in power of prayer, help me pray for good results from biopsy. I believe I will surprise everyone and be healthier than predicted. Gratefully, I do not walk this path alone.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
I am sending you positive thoughts from Southern California this morning Hepwolf2012.

You are not alone and I'm glad you are here seeking support!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.