Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Hep and Bruising
melissa1256 posted:
I was diagnosed with hep C many years ago from heroin addiction, I have been done with heroin for almost 3 years now, i drink approximately 6 beers a day now tho, and have been for these past 3 years..i know i'm substituting, and i'm just glad to be off the needle...but i have been noticing these bruises on my shins, with no idea where they come from, no falls, no injuries, just bruising..and today i noticed a new one on the top of my foot, just below my toes...i have searched the internet to try to find answers, and whether or not the random bruising is related to the Hep..all i can find is topics such as 'easy bruising', and such..but i can't see where i could fall under a topic such as that when i'm not even getting injured, or bumped to 'bruise easily'...Usually i notice them in the morning, like they just appear overnite while i'm sleeping....any ideas?

billm57 responded:
cirrhosis - low platelets - too much alcohol - especially if you have the aforementioned conditions

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.