Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

incivek
An_244272 posted:
Hello -
Has anyone else had to crush the incivek pills in order to take them? My husband broke his neck 2 years ago and cannot swallow large pills (he has almost choked to death on smaller sized vitamins). I have called numerous doctors, Berman, Vertex and even the FDA, who never even responded to my calls. Not one of them can tell me if crushing the pills is acceptable. Apparently, no one has ever asked this before. My husband also had Barrett's Esophagus, which is a precursor to cancer and I am worried that crushing the pills may aggrevate this condition. He started this triple treatment for his Hep c on Friday, March 16th so he's not even a week into it but I am very worried. He's already experiencing mood swings, a small rash under his left arm and anal itiching/burning. The riboflavin he is not crushing but I'm curious if anyone else has had to crush the incevik pills?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
You can read user reviews and other information about that prescription here:

WebMD Drugs & Medication A - Z

But please call or visit your pharmacist - they should be able to give you an answer!

Haylen

billm57 responded:
maybe break them in two - yes check w / pharmacist too --- hopefully rash remains localized and fire in the hole - lol -subsides quickly

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.