Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Hep C I'm Still Here!!
bunnyrab47 posted:
Hey everybody! I've been awol for quite some time. Glad to see some of the older people are still here. I first joined in July,2006. That's when i found out I"d had hep c for 20-25 years. Since then i've been on tx twice (one tx being the infergen daily injections along with riba pills) and also been in a clinical trial. Four days ago i started the new tx with incivek and am broke out in a rash already. But i'm still hanging in here. Good luck to anyone on or off tx! If anyone know about this incivek, give me a heads up. Be strong everyone

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome back and best of luck with your new tx....boo on the rash but perhaps that will be the only problem you face.

Thanks for checking in and being so positive - I know our newer members will appreciate your wisdom!

Haylen

billm57 responded:
as long as the rash remains localized its ok - if it spreads to cover large areas - it could be a reason to stop - in most cases the rash will subside after incivek completion at week 12

Helpful Tips

Sexual Transmission of hepatitis BExpert
HBV is 100 times easier to transmit sexually than HIV ( the virus that causes AIDS). HBV has been found in vaginal secretions, saliva, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.