Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Employee has recently been diagnosed with Hepatitis A
JohnDHS posted:
Recently one of my employees has been diagnosed with Hepatitis A.
Could someone who is an expert on this advise me if I should have all of my employees tested for this. We do not work with food but we do have contact with the public on a daily basis.

oldtiff47 responded:
ONE CAN ONLY GET FROM BLOOD TO BLOOD EXPOSURE..

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

billm57 responded:
he will likely clear the infection in fairly short order - hep A is mainly spread through food which has been unsanitarily grown or handled and has been contaminated by fecal matter - rest rooms need to be sanitized regularly as it is possible to spread in this manner - i dont think all employees would need tested -

oldtiff47 replied to billm57's response:
WOWOWOW BILL I DIDN'T CATCH THAT ....OH MY TIFF...OMG TIFF...

SO SORRY JOHND..& BOARD...I THOUGHT HCV

TIFF

oldtiff47 responded:
FYI....AND SORRY FOR MY MISTAKE EARLIER

http://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/hepa-guide/default.htm

TIFF

billm57 replied to oldtiff47's response:
not a problem tiff - always good to see ya

I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL BILL.....HAVE MISSED YOU HERE...YOU ARE SO NEEDED HERE KIDDO.

TIFF

billm57 replied to oldtiff47's response:
im doing well - thanks tiff - ive been trout fishing quite a bit lately - think im benefiting from the exercise - im able to do more but sometimes i cramp up - but it goes away after a bit - lol --- overall my labs have been good - i really believe in the next 3 years there will be much more hope for people in the cirrhotic poor alpha interferon sustained response category - ive been having breakouts of prurigo nodularis lately - worry warts - lol - what me worry - i read that they are more common in chronic hcv cases - so aggravating - they say dont pick at them - ok - im a bit ocd in that category - they just want to inject with steroids - its not really helping - i told them to laser them or freeze them - i might try elsewhere if they dont get better --- well if thats my biggest complaint im doin well - however the neuropathy and arthritic conditions are also bummers - lol - hope all is well with you

HEPPERS AND OCD........DUH I THINK MOST OF US ARE...I AM SO ANAL ABOUT GETTING THINGS DONE...

I TELL FRIENDS IT IS SO EXHAUSTING BEING ME..LOL...

IF I WANT SOMETHING DONE IT IS DONE !!!!

TIFF

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.