Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Includes Expert Content
yarukhel
yarukhel posted:
My brother is suffering from Hepatitis B since last many years despite getting intensive medical attention. Now he has become very weak. Has any one tried any non-conventional herbal and or Homeopathic medicines. If so, their names and what have been the results?

Melissa Palmer, MD responded:
I he currently on conventional treatment? If he is and his viral load is nondetectable, his doctor should evaluate for nonrelated etiologies of fatigue first.

yarukhel replied to Melissa Palmer, MD's response:
Thanks for your prompt response. however, being a lay man, I have not been able to grasp what do you propose. What I like to highlight that conventional allopathic treatment being constantly done for the last many years have not worked. Now as a last resort, I thought we may try some non-conventional treatment like homeopathic or herbal etc alongwith the treatment already being done. Hence, I wanted to know if some one in this difficult situation has tried any treatment other than allopathic treatment and if so what have been their results?

Melissa Palmer, MD replied to yarukhel's response:
Herbal therapies have not been shown eradicate hepatitis viruses. It is rare that conventional medications have not resulted in a nondetectable viral load. Your doctor needs to do a thorough evaluation as to why these conventional medications did not work.

Helpful Tips

Sexual Transmission of hepatitis BExpert
HBV is 100 times easier to transmit sexually than HIV ( the virus that causes AIDS). HBV has been found in vaginal secretions, saliva, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.