Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

LA Times: Roughly 75% of people w/Hep C are baby boomers
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Here's an article from the Los Angeles Times last week about Hepatitis C being a latent legacy of baby boomers' youth.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention urges people born between 1945 and 1965 to be tested, noting that a large percentage of those with Hep C are boomers.

Baby boomers dying from a "silent epidemic" of hepatitis C infections is increasing rapidly - a new nationwide push for widespread testing is being launched.

Do you think the publicity surrounding this issue will lead to more testing, treatment and ultimately prevention?

Haylen

oldtiff47 responded:
I SURE HOPE MANY MORE GET TESTED.....SO MANY OF US GOT BLOOD FROM THE BLOOD BANKS IN THOSE DAYS.....NO CLUE WHY WE FELT ODD?

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

billm57 responded:
sadly - yes i think it will - i say sadly because it often takes the death of a loved one friend relative or acquaintance to take action --- denial is not just a river in egypt

Helpful Tips

Grapefruit Juice-Simple
There has been a study at the Boston MA Hospital about pure and simple grapefruit juice. It WORKS!!!!! I have been on 3 txs including ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.