Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

SO EXCITING THIS IS FOR ALL WHO NEEDS ORGANS
oldtiff47 posted:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leslie-spry-md-facp/facebook-organ-donor-_b_1470518.html

TIFF

EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN CLEAR FOR 12 YEARS THIS SUMMER.....I DO NOT SAY CURED BECAUSE I CAN NOT DONATE BLOOD...I AM AN ORGAN DONOR AGAIN BUT CAN ONLY GO TO HEPPER....THAT IS FINE WITH ME I DO NOT NEED THE CURED WORD TO KNOW IT WORKED FOR ME...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank you for sharing Tiff! Every time I see an article about organ donation, I think of you!

Haylen

billm57 responded:
tiff - people with hep a or hep b antibodies cant donate blood - people who just visited certain areas of the world cant donate blood - people that just lived with someone with hep c must wait 1 year to have blood tested before being eligible to donate - any IV drug user - past or present - even if it was just one time - cant donate blood - and now any homosexual male who has EVER had sex with another male cant donate blood - what next - people that know someone that has an infectious disease cant donate blood - lol - i know its for everybodys protection but they have gone overboard and are even discriminatory in their practices --- id find a better "reason" to not say cured - lololol - you know i love ya tiff - good article BTW

oldtiff47 replied to billm57's response:
TIFF HAS NEVER NEEDED THE CURED WORD. EVEN WAY BACK WHEN I ONLY HAD 30 %.

JUST ME BEING ME ...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Grapefruit Juice-Simple
There has been a study at the Boston MA Hospital about pure and simple grapefruit juice. It WORKS!!!!! I have been on 3 txs including ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful