Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Couldn't Slay the Dragon
Bonnysue posted:
Well, my journey with my 3tx treatment lasted only 7 weeks. I started March 20 and my Dr. and I both made the decision to stop the meds on May 20. After 3 blood transfusions and the rash that was testing my sanity, I had to quit. I became so anemic , I couldn't keep my red blood cell count above 10. Average is 12-14. My went as low as 7.4. I was prepared for this being a hard treatment. I didn't realize that I needed a lot more help than what I had. I couldn't take care of myself so well and it was hard for me to make decisions. Now that it has been a month since I've been off the meds, I am so depressed. It is a different kind of depression than the drug induced one that I had. I feel sad that I couldn't do it. I am in stage 2, 1b. Also have beginning stages of RA. I guess I just want to hear from the ones that couldn't finish the tx like me, and how or if you also got into the "funk". I know I will live with this and try to lead the "healthy " lifestyle. Not much else I can do.

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful