Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

JUNE ROLL CALL!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hi! I've seen some new faces here lately and thought we could do a quick roll call and introduce ourselves.

I'm Haylen, a WebMD moderator. I work with several cancer and parenting communities and help out the WebMD social team (Facebook and Twitter)

I live in Southern California with hubby and 2 daughters ages 3 and 7.

Who is next?

Haylen

oldtiff47 responded:
TIFF IS HERE....BEEN HERE SINCE EARLY 1999.....DID ON 3 SHOTS A WEEK AND RIBA FOR 48 WEEKS AND CLEARED AND MY STAGE 4 LIVER IS HAPPY I DID IT TOO........

SO GREAT TO SEE NEW HEPPERS COMING IN TO SHARE....THIS HOW YOU GET THROUGH YOUR TX FOR SURE....WITH FRIENDS AND YOUR MD'S

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Bonnysue responded:
Hi Haylen! I had written back here in Jan. when I was beginning my journey with trying to get the rx's sorted out. I saw this support group and it just helped knowing it was here and to write my concerns when i needed to.I'm back now because I could not handle the tx. During the 7 wks I was on it, I had such bad anemia that I required 3 blood transfusions and my Dr. Was more concerned at this point about my heart. The RIBA rash was all over my body and I couldn't stop it from driving me over the edge. So stop I did and now I 'm feeling very sad that I couldn't continue and I am now just going to have to live with it and not treat it. I am stage 2 ,genotype 1b. I have RA, also which we are assuming developed because of my Hep. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how or when I contacted The HepC. I will probably not treat the RA because most tx's effect the liver and my liver is already compromised.I'm 56, have a son 29 and live with my wonderful husband # 2 ,now for 17 yrs. I live about 30 miles north of L.A. I have been looking for a local support group close to my area but there are none close enough. I think I will just go to see a psychologist and talk because I have already met my horrendously expensive deduct able from Blue Cross. I just need to get some things off my chest and I thought some people in this Community could relate to me. Maybe we will talk again!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Bonnysue's response:
Hi Tiff! I agree - reaching out to others and sharing is so helpful when facing treatment.

Bonnysue - welcome! I'm sorry you faced so many problems related to treatment. Here's a list of resources where you might find more support in your area: Finding Help

Feel free to vent here - it helps!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.