Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Includes Expert Content
Hep. C aftercare
takahik posted:
Hi
I have a question about red and white blood counts. I was wondering how long it takes for the red and white blood count to get back to normal? I am near the end of a 24 week treatment. I have one more interferon shot on friday and then another week o Ribavirin after that then I stop treatment.My red count is pretty stable now at around 10.0. And my white count is low at 1.3.
Normal for my red is 17.0 and white not sure but I think around 4.3 or so. Thank You jim

oldtiff47 responded:
Almost every day the counts will get better. Your md will check your labs while off tx. Enjoy the new simple pleasures you find off tx.... Enjoy them they will come.

tiff
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Melissa Palmer, MD responded:
It takes between 1-2 weeks for your RBC to return to normal after stopping ribavirin so long as your kidney function of ok
The WBC returns to normal within i week of stopping interferon

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.