Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Focal nOdular hyperplasia
Atkins3 posted:
Hi, I was referred to this page for liver questions. I'm a healthy 32 year old mother of 3. I was dx'ed with gallstones 2 years ago, but put off my surgery due to my husband being deployed and not having help with our boys. When he came home I became pregnant and luckily I didn't have any gallbladder attacks durning or after my pregnancy until this May 2012 before my baby turned one. So I went in for my gallbladder reomoval on we'd July 11th, and my doctor found a growth....so durning th surgery he took a biopsy. Now I didn't have another ultra sound confirming the stones since may of 2010. My doctor called me today and said I have a benign focal nodular hyperplasia and we are going to do some scans. I'm grateful it isn't cancer but I am freaking out. I went it for my gallbladder to be reomoved, I didn't expect I would be told I have a liver tumor!!!!! I see him on the 26th and I'm sure the test will start. He kept saying not to be overly concerned, but it wasn't detected two years ago....however he does want to get ore details. Which I do too, but I'm so nervous. My husband and I want to add one more to our family next year possibly.....can this stop that if it's too severe ? Any words of comfort? Its so early and i have little information, but will i be okay? Am i at increased risk for other liverissues? I just had a liver panel done in dec at my pysical....and everything was fine, i guess structurly its not. I am beside myself. I have no family history of liver issues, just colon cancer. Is there anything I should expect or fear? Any information would truly help me. All the doctor said was to google it and we would talk more, but the important part was that it is benign. I hate google!! .

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.