Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Treatment and Alcohol
ralphschanrock posted:
Is it ok to drink small amounts of alcohol while undergoing hepatitis c treatment? EX 1 beer on the weekends or a glass of wine at dinner

oldtiff47 responded:
MY OPINION......NO.........WHY... BE HAPPY WITH OUT IT !!
WHAT STAGE IS YOUR LIVER?

IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

ralphschanrock replied to oldtiff47's response:
yeah i was thinking the same thing.....I just started treatment yesterday with my first injection but i dont know the stage of my liver I never had a biopsy but my ultra sound was perfect normal liver and pcr was 390000 which i think is low. Im going to stay away from it for 24 weeks KCCO

oldtiff47 replied to ralphschanrock's response:
PLEASE TALK TO YOUR MDS ABOUT DRINKING ....HCV....LIVER DISEASE....AND TX...

I KNOW OF 2 PEOPLE WHO WENT AHEAD AND DRANK ON TX.........( YES THEIR LIVERS MAY HAVE BEEN BAD TO START).......BUT BOTH ARE TRANSPLANT PATIENTS NOW...

IT IS NOT WORTH IT KIDS

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

stillaround63 responded:
if you think that it is ok to RISK your life because you like BEER so much. then go ahesd and clean the gene pool for the rest of us. everything i have ever read on booze and how it relates to ones liver has been negative. every one states. booze KILLS liver cells. and if your liver is in hep-c mode, itt needs all the tlc you can provide for it. please don't take the chance.

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.