Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

hepatitis c with stage 4 cirrhosis
sevans92458 posted:
I am 53 y.o. and was diagnosed with hep c in March 2012. Was sent to a GI dr for treatment. During this time I had surgery for abdominal adhesions and when the surgeon saw the liver he automatically did a liver biopsy which the GI dr said he would do a few months down the road. The pathology report came back stage 4 of 4. After seeing the gi dr for over 4 months have still had no trestment for the hep c or the cirrhosis. After talking to my primary care dr and advising him the gi dr only wanted to discuss a colonoscopy which I did have done he said he would refer me to a different gi dr. I have an appointment at Vanderbilt Hospital in November at the transplant facility. I have not been able to work since Feb and I am in severe pain all the time and most of the time I am in bed. I am scared to death and don't know what to do.

oldtiff47 responded:
UNTIL YOU FIND A GOOD HEP & LIVER DISEASE MD.....EAT WELL.......NO BOOZE.....KEEP MOVING...DON'T LET HEP OR LIVER DISEASE WIN...

KEEP MOVING...

IN 1999.......MY BX ALSO SHOWED STAGE 4 LIVER....I DID 48 WEEKS OF TX AND ONLY HAD 30 % CHANCE OF CLEARING AND I DID....I THINK I ONLY TOOK ONE NAP IN THOSE 48 WEEKS OF TX....

STAGE 4 LIVER DOES NOT MEAN DEAD...I AND MANY OTHERS ARE THE PROOF OF THIS !!!

GET COPIES OF ALL YOUR TESTS...THEY ARE YOUR..
KEEP US POSTED AS TO HOW YOU ARE DOING PLEASE..

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Sexual Transmission of hepatitis BExpert
HBV is 100 times easier to transmit sexually than HIV ( the virus that causes AIDS). HBV has been found in vaginal secretions, saliva, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.