Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

For the newly diagnosed
autotech1700 posted:
I found out about 2 years ago that I had hep c. Things looked bleak and hopeless. I was scared and angry that I was going to die from a virus I did not deserve. My wife and I are about as conservative as 2 people can get. I took the treatment faithfully , never missing a dose and worked full time as hard as I could. It was not easy being sick for a year and I must admit I wanted to quit more than once but with the love and prayers of many , I finished it. TODAY was my 6 month evaluation. The viral load was undetectable. TODAY was my last visit to this doctor and his staff.
Keep up the faith and say your prayers every day.! There are a lot of old timers on this website with some really great advice. Hep C is a lonely disease because you cannot discuss it with most people. But here you have a lot of friends in the same boat. Thank you to all for the encouragement and prayers.

oldtiff47 responded:
AUTO WHAT GREAT GREAT NEWS YOU SHARED WITH US.....

AS ALWAYS I WAS THE ODD FISH TOLD ALL I HAD IT BUT LEARNED SO MUCH HERE AT WEB-MD IN 1999...I STILL HAVE THE NEED TO COME BACK AND TRY TO HELP OTHERS...SO DON'T FORGET WE NEED YOU ALWAYS TO COME BACK AND SHARE...

JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY

FOR YOU MY FRIEND,

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks for sharing your wonderful news! (((hugs))) to you and everyone who supported you!

I appreciate that you gave a shout out to the supportive and smart members of our community. I know Tiff and others are really making a difference here with their vast knowledge and experience.

Please do come back from time to time and share your experience with others who might be struggling with treatment.

Have a fantastic, happy, healthy weekend -

Haylen

hepsister responded:
Autotech,
great news for you, thank you for posting it. It helps to know the treatment can be successful.

angelo212 responded:
I love hearing when some one gets there 6 month SVR. I'm very happy for you.

Helpful Tips

Sex and HCVExpert
Since this is understandably such a frequent question, I am leaving up this information. Sexual contact, whether it is genital, oral, or ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 61 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.