Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Hep C 14 years after transplant
gordonjr posted:
I was just wanting to know if anyone on here has had hep c to come out of remission after liver transplant, and what they may have done for it if anything. I found out 2 years ago that it came back and I have got to go and get another biopsy with in the next two weeks. I am also insulin dependent since my transplant in 1998. I would appreciate any feed back

Thanks Gordon

oldtiff47 responded:
I KNEW OF ONE MANY YEARS AGO WHO CLEARED AFTER TP.......BUT HAVE NOT SEEN ON LINE FOR LONG TIME....

YOUR HEP WAS NOT GONE WHEN YOU GOT TP WAS IT? YOU NEEDED A NEW LIVER BUT WAS THE HEP GONE BEFORE THE TP? YOUR HEP WAS STILL IN BLOOD RIGHT? SO IT IS HURTING YOU NEW LIVER. MANY HEPPERS AND TP PATIENTS ARE DIABETICS TOO...I KNOW TP FRIEND WHO HAS A BX OFTEN AFTER TP...SHE IS 11 YEARS POST TP...AND HER HEP WAS NEVER GONE.

KEEP US POSTED AND COME BACK OFTEN TO KEEP US POSTED AS TO HOW YOU ARE DOING.. WE LOVE LEARNING FROM OTHERS...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Purisis, MILD Rash with severe itching TIPS
I am a Pegasys/Teleprivir patient. End of week one. I went to the hospital because I just could not take it anymore! The itching was out ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.