Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Help
Grey_1907 posted:
Hi, I'm 16 and last week I started treatment... Again. I have chronic hep c geno 1 and I would just like to know if there is anyone close to my age that I could possibly talk to because I kind of feel alone.

hawgfan responded:
Sorry to hear about your situation. I take it you've done treatment before. I don't mean to add a bunch of questions but; How are your parents responding? Do you have a close friend to talk with? Is your doc helpful in explaining tx, side fx, etc?

Grey_1907 replied to hawgfan's response:
Yeah we'll my parents don't necessarily like it but if could save my life so they can live with it. My mom nurses to while my dad tells me to buck up so I guess it's a good mix. Umm I had some close friends and then everyone found out that I have hep c through rumors so now everyone thinks I have aids or HIV. And I do have a wonderful doctor very explanatory, I'm just having problems feeling like I'm the only one going through this at my age and predicaments.

oldtiff47 replied to Grey_1907's response:
I FEEL WE MUCH OLDER PEOPLE COULD HELP YOU TOO???? ASK YOUR DR. IF HE HAS OTHER YOUNG PATIENTS....IF YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH TRY TO TEACH YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT HCV !!!!!!!! ASK THE NURSE AT SCHOOL TO HELP YOU DO THIS....JUST THINK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR SO MANY KIDDO...MANY OF YOUR FRIENDS GRANDPARENTS MORE THAN LIKELY HAVE IT AND DO NOT KNOW IT !!!!!!! CDC ASKING MD'S TO CHECK ALL BABY BOOMERS FOR HCV.........NOT BECAUSE OF DRUGS IN THOSE DAYS...BUT THE BLOOD SUPPLY IN THOSE YEARS...

YOU CAN DO SO MUCH FOR SO MANY AND IT WILL HELP YOU THAT I KNOW FOR SURE...

(((((((((((((((( GREY 1907 )))))))))))))))))))

TIFF(GRAMMY OF 6)

I HAVE TAUGHT THE 6 GRAMMY HAS SICK BLOOD SO IF I CUT SELF STAY AWAY FROM MY BLOOD....AND I HAVE BEEN CLEAR 12 YEARS.....I AM A VERY ACTIVE GRAMMY TOO...WE PLAY HARD..LOL..
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

hawgfan replied to Grey_1907's response:
Your MD may be able to refer a Hep C support group which might help. If you're not already, your doc may also recommend an antidepressant to help with side fx. In my prayers.

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.