Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Meals/snacks schedule
An_249025 posted:
Just started this (3) part program. This group is wonderful. Many of my questions have been answered. One of the bothersome issues, however, is the intake of 60 grams of fat per day and the difficulty I am having with planning my day around meals/pills.
Can someone please suggest some menu options?
Thank you for this group!!

Take the Poll

How do I schedule meals/snacks?
  • Getting enough grams of fat
  • time schedule for taking meds
  • menus
vote
View Poll Results

oldtiff47 responded:
I WISH I KNEW HOW TO HELP YOU WITH THIS....SORRY KIDDO....CALL THE DRUG CO AND ASK THEM WHAT TO DO....THERE SHOULD BE A PHONE ## ON THE MEDS...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

TripleTherapyBegins responded:
I have a few suggestions that I hope may help you.
Walnuts (18 gm fat per 1/4 cup)
Bacon and hard boiled eggs with glass of whole milk
1/2 of a frozen cheeseburger, handful of potatoe chips and glass of milk (>20 gms easily)
When I absolutely cannot even think about eating, I measure 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in shot glass and take it with a glass of cold milk.
Jimmy Dean Sausage Sandwich (these sandwiches are >20 gms of fat) and milk
Hot dog with melted cheese in hot dog bun w/whole milk
Cream of Celery Soup - soothes stomach and 1 cup has ample fat gm (I drink a cup of milk with it anyway though)
One cup of whole milk has 9 gm of fat in it and just to make sure I feel I am getting the whole 20 gms, you can tell I drink a lot of milk.

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.