Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Autoimmune hepatitis
aknudson posted:
Hello!
I see a lot of people commenting on other websites that they have had AIH for not long and although I haven't either (about seven years now, I just wanted to put in my own little thing about it as well. Right now I am on 3mg Prednisone and 75mg Azathioprine. I used to take as much as 25mg of Prednisone but have been reduced down to this point about two years ago! I can honestly say that once you get used to the feeling of having the disease it does not impose on your daily life that much, except for the abdominal discomfort which I have semi-often. I did gain weight at first when I was diagnosed but it just kinda flattened out and weight loss is possible, believe me! As of late I have been feeling as though my side has been hurting more severely than normal and plan to go in to see what is happening with all that. For all you newly diagnosed people out there, I just want to say that no matter how hard and odd it may seem to have this new disease, there is more information being added and researched all the time, I remember when I used to be able to find almost nothing on the condition and now there are so many resources!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.