Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR ALL TO KNOW..FYI
oldtiff47 posted:
http://www.knowyourdose.org/common-medications

EVEN ME WITH A STAGE 4 LIVER CAN TAKE TYLENOL BUT ONLY 4 A DAY.....BUT IT IS IN SO MANY MEDS THAT ALL NEED TO BE AWARE...

I AM A LUCKY ONE THAT HAS GREAT PLATELETS SO I DO TAKE TRUE ASPIRIN AT TIMES....BUT HAVE SUCH LITTLE PAIN I AM TOO LUCKY FOR SURE...

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank you so much for sharing Tiff!

May you enjoy a happy & healthy December!

Haylen

jamiegirl56 responded:
I have hep B Antigens in my system, can I take aspirin, tylenol or what? very confused! Appreciate any info I can get...Thank you

oldtiff47 replied to jamiegirl56's response:
ONLY YOUR MD COULD ANSWER THAT FOR YOU. HE KNOWS YOUR LABS AND IF ANYTHING ELSE IS GOING ON IN YOUR BODY....PLEASE ASK HIM/HER

TIFF

more2c responded:
I had one doc tell me tylenol was worse for the liver, another said ibufrofen was. After I started seeing a hepatologist, my current doctor, she told me not to take tylenol but ibufrofen instead. I never could take aspirin anyway.

oldtiff47 replied to more2c's response:
THAT IS FINE DO AS YOUR HEP MD SAYS. THE WORSE PART OF TYLENOL IS TYLENOL AND BOOZE. TYLENOL IS IN SO MANY OVER THE COUNTER MEDS JUST BE AWARE. I AM JUST TELLING WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD FOR 15 YEARS NOW.

BUT AS ALWAYS TRUST YOUR MD WHO KNOWS YOU.

TIFF

Helpful Tips

Sexual Transmission of hepatitis BExpert
HBV is 100 times easier to transmit sexually than HIV ( the virus that causes AIDS). HBV has been found in vaginal secretions, saliva, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.