Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

c- treatment for older people
stillaround63 posted:
hello, i am new to this site, and to posting messages. i began the treatment for hep-c on nov. 16 2012. interf. ribav. and incivek. i had been on riba. and peg. interf. about 6 years ago. my doc said to me that the virus was down to an undetectable level. but i was showing extreme signs of depression. so he took me off. now i have a cirrhosis condition and my new doc says lets do it again with incivek this time.boy what a side effect difference. any way i have ben having some severe problems with bowel activity. until i realised that the drugs weere destroying all my intestinal biotics. so i began yogurt, this helped greatly. also vitamins c and a wil help with white cell renewal. now, if i can just find a good menu list to create some sppropriate meals from i just might be able to get through this. my incivek will be discontinued on feb 18 of 2013. i am looking forward to this milestone. i hope tha some of you more experienced people will be able to suggest something. as i continue, i will also try to convey anything that might help.

oldtiff47 responded:
I FOUND THIS THANKS TO GOOGLE....SLOW TO LOAD BUT I HOPE IT HELPS YOU

YOUR MD SHOULD HELP YOU TOO KIDDO

http://prosperitypharmacy.com/wp-content/uploads/Protease-Inhibitor-Guide.pdf

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Sexual Transmission of hepatitis BExpert
HBV is 100 times easier to transmit sexually than HIV ( the virus that causes AIDS). HBV has been found in vaginal secretions, saliva, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.