Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Fatty Liver
An_249582 posted:
I was wondering if there are medications that could cause fatty liver.
I am overweight, but my weight is not in my midsection, it is mostly in my hips and butt. I have a chronic pain condition from a neck injury. I now have a rod from C3/4 to C 6/7 and a spinal stimulator. I do not get much exercise as just about any exercise makes the pain worse.

I have been monitored because my liver enzymes have been high over the years. I do not have hepatitis. I have been checked many times for hepatitis. I am sure my liver enzymes are high because of pain medications, With my spinal stimulator I have been able to cut the pain medications from 80 mg of oxycontin twice per day to 20 mg twice per day and still my liver enzymes are high and now I have been told I have a fatty liver.

The other medications I take are synthroid as I am hypothyroid and gabepentin for nerve pain and very occasionally a muscle relaxer when things get bad (maybe two every 6 months).

I would love to loose weight, but it is difficult to do when I cannot exercise. I do not really know what to do next, any suggestions?

oldtiff47 responded:
HERE IS SOME INFO I FOUND FOR YOU I HOPE THEY HELP YOU

http://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/fatty-liver-disease

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nonalcoholic-fatty-liver-disease/DS00577

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Sexual Transmission of hepatitis BExpert
HBV is 100 times easier to transmit sexually than HIV ( the virus that causes AIDS). HBV has been found in vaginal secretions, saliva, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.