Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Just started my treatment like...2 hours ago...and wondering
AaaChew posted:
Ok so I finally psyched myself up to starting treatment I have had the medicine since last Friday and I was even trying for excuses as to why I shouldn't start today....sooooooooooooo I finally did it and after the injection from the redi pen I was really surprised that the actual shot didn't hurt one bit..like not at all so I wondered if I did it wrong..can you do it wrong...probably not I think....I dunno...
Then I go online and see an article about triple drug therapy so I am wondering why I am doing the Interferon and Ribavirin only what is the difference and why wouldn't I also be taking telaprevir and my treatment is for 24 weeks not 48 which I am sooo ok with...is it something to do with the Genotype that I have? I have 3 the easiest to get rid of...I dunno I thought maybe someone might have some answers for me....

2bnlitend responded:
Yes it is based on genotype ... 2 and 3 are easiest to eradicate and usually require only 24 weeks to get there.

Hope all is going well at this point.

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.