Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Possible Hepatitis C
An_251324 posted:
I guess I was just wanting a little advice. I have been with my husband for 7 years and in the beginning, after having sex, he informed me that he had hepititis C but it was ok. He stated that he contracted it through tattooes however he is also an addict so he may have gotten it through that, not really sure. He has told me that he doesn't have it anymore so i really never worried too much about it, i had read that you really couldn't get it through sexual contact. Anyway, he has left me and i am worried that I may have it since i've been having alot of pain around my liver area. I have some of the symptoms however, not the yellowing of the skin or vomiting. I am kind of afraid to go get a test for it as i'm not sure how i will handle it if it comes back positive. I haven't been to a doctor yet, hoping that it will just go away and the pain will stop. What happens to me if I do have it? Am I worrying over nothing. I had seen on one web site that you can contract if you share razors or tooth brushes or finger nail clippers, we had shared razors and finger nail clippers. I guess I"m just looking for a little advice. I am pretty scared. I'm 54 yrs old and have several grandchildren i spend alot of time with. will it affect them? that's what scares me the most I suppose

2bnlitend responded:
See my reply in your duplicate post.

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.