Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

When does Hepatitis B vaccine confer immunity?
TheFlash posted:
The Hep B vaccine is administered in a series of three shots -- initial, one month after and six months after. When is immunity conferred? One possibility is that it's immediately after the initial shot and the second and third shots increase the length of immunity. A second possibility is it's conferred after some time span (1 week, 2 weeks, or the like) and the additional shots increase the length of the immunity eventually to one's lifetime. A third possibility is that each shot confers a certain percentage of immunity (e.g., 1/3, 1/3, 1/3) so that full immunity is not conferred until sometime after the third shot. There are many variations on what I described; I chose these three just to start the discussion. Where can I find out the answer to this?

oldtiff47 responded:
AS I MENTIONED ABOVE CALL YOUR BLOOD BANK FOR THIS ANSWER.............

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

oldtiff47 responded:
OOPS......SORRY.......CALL WHO IS GIVING YOU THE SHOTS.......LET THEM ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FOR YOU..

PERHAPS THIS WILL HELP ALSO
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/downloads/vis-hep-b.pdf

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Grapefruit Juice-Simple
There has been a study at the Boston MA Hospital about pure and simple grapefruit juice. It WORKS!!!!! I have been on 3 txs including ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.