Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

early off the drugs, but hopefeul.
stillaround63 posted:
posted a few months ago about how i started my therapy. and then again about how i was told i tested virus negative after only 4 weks. my md said it was a very good sign. then in feb i posted about my being incivek free. i was supposed to be on the regemine for 48 weeks, however just a week ago i was told that the devistation to my body by the drugs ribavirin and pega inter. is so bad that if i stay on them another month i could very well be dead. so, after 25 weeks i am kicked off the program. not knowing if i bfeat the big C or not. the good news is ,that after only 2 days i sleep at night and my energy levels have risen to new heights that i haven't felt for over 5 months. i am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. good luck to all of you still pilling and injecting, i hope you make it.------63

oldtiff47 responded:
I HOPE YOU DO STAY NEGATIVE.....I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT THE AIM OF TX IS TO KILL THE HEP NOT US...

AT WEEK 12 OF MY 48 THEY HAD TO DROP THE RIBA TO 3 PILLS A DAY....SO I FINISHED MY 48 WEEKS WITH INTERFERON AND 3 RIBA....I STAYED CLEAR.... HAVE BEEN FOR 13 YEARS NOW....

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and the LiverExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.