Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

looking for answers!
ant1985 posted:
I have been a heavy drinker since I was 16. I'm 27 now, and after a recent binge that ended me up in the hospital, I was tested and told I have Hepatitis A, B, and C... all three!! How rare is this? Are they all curable if I stop drinking and abusing my body? What medicine/treatment should I be looking for? And is there anything specific I should ask the doctor? Anything else, like pop, certain foods that I should avoid? Anyone who knows anything about this... I would greatly appreciate what you have to say. I need help! And I need answers! Please... I am clueless.

oldtiff47 responded:
THE BEST THING TO DO FOR SELF IS STOP DRINKING YESTERDAY.............THEN GET RE-TESTED FOR ALL AND FIND AN MD WHO WILL WALK THIS LONG WALK WITH YOU..........

HEPATITIS AND BOOZE == DEAD

TIFF
DON'T TAKE YOUR ORGANS TO HEAVEN...HEAVEN KNOWS WE NEED THEM HERE !!

boojenny responded:
You need an ultrasound, MRI, and viral load counts, avoid medications and foods difficult for your liver, like processed and fast food as well as Tylenol. I'm not sure how rare it is but that is very young for all three, I would get retested.

Helpful Tips

New treatments for hepatitis CExpert
I'll be appearing on Sirius Radio, channel 114 (on XM, channel 119) on Monday April 14, from 9-9:30 A.M. discussing the new protease ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.