Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Looking for support
500daysofkay posted:
My names Kyrstin im 22 years old i was diagnosed last November. I had contracted it from a ex boyfriend. I didnt know much and still not alot about HCV. I have been having a really tough time emotionally with dealing with it. Everyone around me is getting married and having babies and i barely leave me house. My anxiety has gotten worse i feel like when im out in public people can just tell thay i have the virus. I am seeing my doctor in november and we will discuss treatment. Im just looking for someone to talk too and relate too.

missezwilliams responded:
hi im Mallory im 21 and ive had HCV for 4 yrs.. I just found out last week. mine is chronic and biopsy results show its already caused damage to my liver (fibrosis) I know how you feel im scared! and more scared of treatments which I will be starting in 6 weeks... if you need to talk to anyone im here for ya!

500daysofkay replied to missezwilliams's response:
Hello Mallory Thankyou for replying and sharing. I wish you all the luck while going for treatment. I know it will probably be scary but even thought i havn't went through treatment yet you can talk to me

Helpful Tips

Grapefruit Juice-Simple
There has been a study at the Boston MA Hospital about pure and simple grapefruit juice. It WORKS!!!!! I have been on 3 txs including ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful