Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? See our Hepatitis Health Center to learn more about it.

Looking for support
500daysofkay posted:
My names Kyrstin im 22 years old i was diagnosed last November. I had contracted it from a ex boyfriend. I didnt know much and still not alot about HCV. I have been having a really tough time emotionally with dealing with it. Everyone around me is getting married and having babies and i barely leave me house. My anxiety has gotten worse i feel like when im out in public people can just tell thay i have the virus. I am seeing my doctor in november and we will discuss treatment. Im just looking for someone to talk too and relate too.

missezwilliams responded:
hi im Mallory im 21 and ive had HCV for 4 yrs.. I just found out last week. mine is chronic and biopsy results show its already caused damage to my liver (fibrosis) I know how you feel im scared! and more scared of treatments which I will be starting in 6 weeks... if you need to talk to anyone im here for ya!

500daysofkay replied to missezwilliams's response:
Hello Mallory Thankyou for replying and sharing. I wish you all the luck while going for treatment. I know it will probably be scary but even thought i havn't went through treatment yet you can talk to me

Helpful Tips

Grapefruit Juice-Simple
There has been a study at the Boston MA Hospital about pure and simple grapefruit juice. It WORKS!!!!! I have been on 3 txs including ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.