Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Looking for support
    500daysofkay posted:
    My names Kyrstin im 22 years old i was diagnosed last November. I had contracted it from a ex boyfriend. I didnt know much and still not alot about HCV. I have been having a really tough time emotionally with dealing with it. Everyone around me is getting married and having babies and i barely leave me house. My anxiety has gotten worse i feel like when im out in public people can just tell thay i have the virus. I am seeing my doctor in november and we will discuss treatment. Im just looking for someone to talk too and relate too.

missezwilliams responded:
    hi im Mallory im 21 and ive had HCV for 4 yrs.. I just found out last week. mine is chronic and biopsy results show its already caused damage to my liver (fibrosis) I know how you feel im scared! and more scared of treatments which I will be starting in 6 weeks... if you need to talk to anyone im here for ya!

500daysofkay replied to missezwilliams's response:
    Hello Mallory Thankyou for replying and sharing. I wish you all the luck while going for treatment. I know it will probably be scary but even thought i havn't went through treatment yet you can talk to me

Helpful Tips

Knowing your vitamins
    As many of you have heard pro-biotics are extremely important to good intestinal health. As is Zinc. I think that it is really important to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.